[Vtigercrm-developers] Vtiger Workflow Running In The Background

Petar Dimov phdimov at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 06:03:17 PST 2012

Alan,

Until the first time the condition is true executes whatever worklfow you
create only once and then it disables it.

That's it.

My problem with writing the cronjob is that I want to be able to pull a
specific email template and pick variables and that will be time-consuming.

I'd rather have a workflow that do that. It already runs in the background
every 3 minutes for me.

I don't understand why it can't pick up these things.

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 3:01 AM, Alan Lord <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 18/12/12 03:52, Petar Dimov wrote:
> >
> > Just realized I can't really accomplish that with workflows. ( Set a
> > condition if customer birthdate is today) to email them.
> >
> > Is there any non coding way to do this or I have to write a separate
> > cron job for that?
>
> I think you will really need to write a small cron job to do this. The
> Workflow tool is there to act on entities that have been triggered in
> some way; although I never really got the full scope of the "Until the
> first time the condition is true." trigger? What fires this one? Does it
> evaluate *all* entities in the workflow module?
>
> Anyway, cron jobs aren't *that* hard to write; you'll need to do some
> date manipulation to get just the month and day fields for comparison,
> and probably use an email template handle to create and then fire off
> the message.
>
> But of course there are plenty of vtiger experts out there who could
> help you if you need it I am sure ;-)
>

> Cheers
>
> Al
>
> --