[Vtigercrm-developers] Vtiger Workflow Running In The Background

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 01:01:17 PST 2012

On 18/12/12 03:52, Petar Dimov wrote:

> Just realized I can't really accomplish that with workflows. ( Set a
> condition if customer birthdate is today) to email them.
>
> Is there any non coding way to do this or I have to write a separate
> cron job for that?

I think you will really need to write a small cron job to do this. The
Workflow tool is there to act on entities that have been triggered in
some way; although I never really got the full scope of the "Until the
first time the condition is true." trigger? What fires this one? Does it
evaluate *all* entities in the workflow module?

Anyway, cron jobs aren't *that* hard to write; you'll need to do some
date manipulation to get just the month and day fields for comparison,
and probably use an email template handle to create and then fire off
the message.

But of course there are plenty of vtiger experts out there who could
help you if you need it I am sure ;-)

Cheers

Libertus Solutions
http://www.libertus.co.uk