[Vtigercrm-developers] Outlook Plugin Problem with activity synchronisation

nicolas GASNIER nicolas.gasnier at holdisgroup.fr
Wed Dec 12 07:49:10 PST 2012

Hi,

I finally got a descent testing environment for .net apps and made some tests using the latest source code on the tracker.
I figured out the following :

-          The problem seems to appears on some outlook 2010, but not on all, only on windows 7 64 bits I think.

-          The problem is due, as I suspected,  to the date format passed to the restrict function. For whatever reason, on some versions or sessions, the format outlook expects is not the same as the one defined in the regional settings of the windows user.  These date issues are unfortunately not well documented and I don't have a lot experience with that kind of development...

-          If I use the date format yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm, I don't have sync problem on different outlook anymore. It seems that this format is commonly accepted.

Can someone please make some tests to confirm that this solution is working everywhere (below is the code to modify)  ? Vicas,  you have maybe a clue on this ?

The file to modify is Utils.cs and replace the filter format in the following two functions :

        public string getFilterCondition(DateTime lastSyncTime)
        {
            //return "[LastModificationTime] > '" + lastSyncTime.ToLocalTime().ToString("MM/dd/yyyy  hh:mm tt") + "'";
            return "[LastModificationTime] > '" + lastSyncTime.ToLocalTime().ToString("yyyy/MM/dd  hh:mm") + "'";
        }

        public string getFilterCondition(DateTime lastSyncTime,string module)
        {
            //string filter = "[LastModificationTime] > '" + lastSyncTime.ToLocalTime().ToString("MM/dd/yyyy  hh:mm tt") + "'";
            string filter = "[LastModificationTime] > '" + lastSyncTime.ToLocalTime().ToString("yyyy/MM/dd  hh:mm") + "'";

Thank you for any advice.

Regards

Nicolas GASNIER
Développeur