[Vtigercrm-developers] IMPORTANT ! ! Why modules with products have tables located inside functions....

Rietz, Artur a.rietz at opensaas.pl
Wed Dec 12 00:49:29 PST 2012

Hello,

I want to ask if it is possible to fix the problem with functions:
getInventoryTaxType, getInventoryCurrencyInfo in
include/utils/InventoryUtils.php

They are dedicated for modules with products : Quotes, Purchase Order,
Sales Order, Invoice, and
both have declared special tables inside function`s code with declaration
of module => table, and module => index. And if you want as a developer to
create own module with products you have to overwrite it ... or try to
bypass it using many other files using these functions ( which means a huge
amount of functions because they are used in almost each view presenting
data )

How to fix  ? For example I propose add new column in vtiger_tab in which
you can decide whether module has or has not a products, or a worse
solution to create new table with declared modules with products. It would
be much easier for developers if you make this functions more flexible (
and it is not hard to modify )

Regards, Artur Rietz