[Vtigercrm-developers] Listview default sorting and listview filter default sort

Prasad prasad at vtiger.com
Tue Apr 24 22:04:35 PDT 2012

Hi Alan,

Providing sorting option on any random field of module would pull down the
performance.

It is advised to sort on fields having table-index defined. Although we can
add index on the field selected for sorting it could lead to "too many
indexes" on table and in-turn affect the performance.

We plan to optimize the data-fetch queries for custom filters and review
the option to provide sort options to the field.

Please share your updates in case you make any progress.

Regards,
Prasad