[Vtigercrm-developers] webservice wiki page

Adam Heinz amh at metricwise.net
Tue Apr 24 14:13:58 PDT 2012

I'm calling into the web service for the first time and hit a snag.  I
call out with 'getchallenge' and get my token, but the documentation
on the 'login' action has conflicting information.

https://wiki.vtiger.com/index.php/Webservice_reference_manual#Login
1. It tells me to send username => md5(token . accessKey)
2. The URL example sends username => username & accessKey => accessKey

Neither works.  The correct answer is:

3. username => username, accessKey => md5(token . accessKey)

Which makes sense to me, as we're no longer sending a plain text accessKey.

Any plans to open the wiki back up?  I'm happy to make this small edit.