[Vtigercrm-developers] Listview default sorting and listview filter default sort

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 12:04:24 PDT 2012

On 24/04/12 19:47, Michael Spicer wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have been investigating how to create default sorting that is on a per
> user basis. I have also been looking at how to implement this behavior
> for listviews that are using filters. What I have found so far is that I
> can hard code a default sorting into the module but that doesn't have
> any affect on a per user basis. I have search and searched the forums,
> wiki's and docs to find more details on sorting. It is not very user
> friendly to have to click what sort they want everytime the listview is
> loaded. Does anyone have any thoughts or are there any plugins to create
> advanced sort functionality?

Hi Mike,

adding a default sort choice for custom list view filters was something
I raised on here ages ago (see thread "Please add "sort" configuration
to Custom Filters" from June 2010) and seems to be quite a popular idea.
But I don't know if it is really hard to do or not.

cheers

Libertus Solutions
http://www.libertus.co.uk