[Vtigercrm-developers] Customize event fields - Calendar module

Nathalia França nath.campreguer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 15:50:30 PST 2011

Hi William!

I'm trying to show different fields for each event type i create. Nicolas
suggested me to use JavaScript to hide some fields based on the event type
chosen.
Before i start using JavaScript i decided to make tests on the code.
On vtigercrm/Smarty/templates/ActivityEditView.tpl i delete lines 179 and
180. These are the lines where code for location input is. The text box for
location still appears for me!

I couldn't understand how smarty works yet and i need that to implement
JavaScript on the correct files. I know what i'll do with JavaScript i just
don't now where i need to change the fields, I suppose we have to change
tpl files but 'till now it didn't work. If you want to follow the same
steps i do you could take a look at this. I'm stuck here :(

Thanks!

Nathalia Campreguer França