[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger CRM Deduct Product Quantity (should we do it for Invoice or Sales Order?)

Brett Hooker brett.hooker at roarz.com
Wed Nov 5 12:32:48 PST 2008

Prasad,

Very good question, and the reason for the debate is that the answer is
different depending on your situation.  Very small businesses are likely
to run on invoices only.  Larger businesses will require a more
sophisticated workflow that goes from Potential to Sales Order to
Invoice.  The smaller ones will want Invoices to control inventory, the
larger ones will want sales orders to reserve inventory and invoice to
deduct it.

Here are my answers to your specific questions:
1. Should we deduct for Invoice or for Sales Order?
Both.  If invoice with no matching sales order, then deduct on invoice.
If invoice has matching sales order, then deduct on sales order.  There
are more complicated flows that this, such as, reserve stock on sales
order and deduct on approved invoice.

2. Should we deduct when it (Invoice/SalesOrder) is created or when its
status is changed to Approved?
Reserve on create, deduct on approved or higher (sent, paid).

3. Does it make sense to have 'Cancel Invoice' button to automatically
restock (add) the deducted inventory
Yes, if the invoice had previously deducted inventory.

Thanks,
Brett
Phone 0404 067 421

<http://www.roarz.com/bretts-blog>
	<http://www.roarz.com/email>
	www.roarz.com <http://www.roarz.com/email> Phone: 1300 885 125  Fax: 07
3009 0648  ABN: 69 113 777 594
Capalaba Centre <http://www.roarz.com/capalaba>: Suite 2A, 26 Redland
Bay Road Capalaba Qld 4157
Logan City Centre <http://www.roarz.com/logancity>: Suite 2A, 26 Redland
Bay Road Capalaba Qld 4157
Gold Coast Centre <http://www.roarz.com/vgc>: Level 9, 12-13 Marine
Parade Southport Qld 4215
/ROARZ will help you get your website up to date and keep it that way./