[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger CRM Deduct Product Quantity (should we do it for Invoice or Sales Order?)

John Crisp jcrisp at safeandsoundit.co.uk
Wed Nov 5 12:26:16 PST 2008

Prasad wrote:
> Dear vtigers,
>
> We are looking for your advise on the following. Currently, when an
> invoice is saved, vtiger CRM deducts the items from the available stock
> under Product Inventory.
>
> We are getting feedback on the blogs and the forums that this is not
> correct or not sufficient. We would like to get your views on this matter.
>
> 1. Should we deduct for Invoice or for Sales Order?
> 2. Should we deduct when it (Invoice/SalesOrder) is created or when its
> status is changed to Approved?
> 3. Does it make sense to have 'Cancel Invoice' button to automatically
> restock (add) the deducted inventory
>
> We welcome your suggestions. Thanks for your input.

For my pennys worth, would it be sensible to make a Sales Order mark it
as 'reserved' and then reduced on Despatch (we should be able to create
a Despatch Note to go separately with goods, as well as an Invoice?)

We have quite long lead times usually, though sometimes we can get a
rapid turn round order and it would be useful to know what we ACTUALLY
have in stock and how much of that is RESERVED.

We can often turn the order round with stock that is reserved on the
basis we can get more stock for the earlier order in time to fulfil
their requirements.

If that makes any sense !!!

B. Rgds
John