[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger CRM Deduct Product Quantity (should we do it for Invoice or Sales Order?)

Prasad prasad at vtiger.com
Wed Nov 5 10:29:18 PST 2008

Dear vtigers,

We are looking for your advise on the following. Currently, when an invoice
is saved, vtiger CRM deducts the items from the available stock under
Product Inventory.

We are getting feedback on the blogs and the forums that this is not correct
or not sufficient. We would like to get your views on this matter.

1. Should we deduct for Invoice or for Sales Order?
2. Should we deduct when it (Invoice/SalesOrder) is created or when its
status is changed to Approved?
3. Does it make sense to have 'Cancel Invoice' button to automatically
restock (add) the deducted inventory

We welcome your suggestions. Thanks for your input.

Regards,
Prasad
vtiger Team