[Vtigercrm-developers] Next Release of vTiger

Joey Novak joey.novak at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 05:25:07 PDT 2007

Enrico,

>  Please try to move the RDBMS specific things into some separate
>source file, maybe some separate class. This gives an central
>point for RDBMS specific things and makes further porting much
>easier. (I did similar things on my branch, which are not yet
>ported back.)

I understand what you are asking for (I think). But I don't see how what you
want differs from the what is in the 5.0.3 code already. ADOdb does what you
are speaking of (I think).

  Joey

On 9/21/07, Enrico Weigelt <weigelt at metux.de> wrote:

> * Joey Novak <joey.novak at gmail.com> schrieb:
>
> hi,
>
> >   So, I am 99% finished porting the non-MSSQL compliant SQL into
> > Compatible SQL.
>
> Please try to move the RDBMS specific things into some separate
> source file, maybe some separate class. This gives an central
> point for RDBMS specific things and makes further porting much
> easier. (I did similar things on my branch, which are not yet
> ported back.)
>
> For example:
>
> Some base class "VT_DB_Driver" where several individual drivers
> (ie. for mysql, mssql, pgsql) are derived from.
>
> It should have those functions:
>
> * QueryRecords($query_string) -> give back an array of recods
> * SequenceNextVal($seq_name)
> * SQL_Encode_int($i)
> * SQL_Encode_date($d)
> * SQL_Encode_text($t)
>

> Ah, and please document your changes in the code and give tell us
> something about what you did on the list :)
>
> > Again, I don't know what the best way to go about this is, but my
> Company
> > is willing to invest resources into merging the braches of vTiger into
> one
> > branch that works on postGres, MSSQL, and MySQL.
>
> Is your company willing to hire some of us? ;-O
>
> > how would I submit my work?
>
> Post an patch to the list ;-P
>
> > told me I should create a new branch, as I browsed the code, I could not
> > find the seperate postgres branch he spoke of.  Is it not clearly
> labeled?
>
> It's in the jens_5_1 branch. But last time I checked, it wasn't
> the whole of Jens's work, and he sent me his personal copy.
> Mine has also several changes, some maybe already committed,
> some maybe not.
>
> BTW: we already have dozens of branches, we really should get
> them together. Why not forking from the latest stable, and
> intensively try to get in all the changes laying around into it ?
> An clean DB abstraction seems to be an key point for me.
>

> cu
> Enrico Weigelt, metux IT service -- http://www.metux.de/
>
> cellphone: +49 174 7066481   email: info at metux.de   skype: nekrad666
> Embedded-Linux / Portierung / Opensource-QM / Verteilte Systeme

---
    http://www.joeynovak.com

    C) 803-409-9969 (Work Cell)
    W) 757-233-0834
    H) 757-383-8523 (SkypeIn)
"Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."

Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.
    --Bill Gates

Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.
    --Bill Gates

Cope with Life, go buy a slurpee!
http://www.slurpee.com/games.html