[Vtigercrm-developers] Next Release of vTiger

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Fri Sep 21 05:06:43 PDT 2007

* Joey Novak <joey.novak at gmail.com> schrieb:

hi,

>   So, I am 99% finished porting the non-MSSQL compliant SQL into
> Compatible SQL.

Please try to move the RDBMS specific things into some separate
source file, maybe some separate class. This gives an central
point for RDBMS specific things and makes further porting much
easier. (I did similar things on my branch, which are not yet
ported back.)

For example:

Some base class "VT_DB_Driver" where several individual drivers
(ie. for mysql, mssql, pgsql) are derived from.

It should have those functions:

* QueryRecords($query_string) -> give back an array of recods
* SequenceNextVal($seq_name)
* SQL_Encode_int($i)
* SQL_Encode_date($d)
* SQL_Encode_text($t)

Ah, and please document your changes in the code and give tell us
something about what you did on the list :)

> Again, I don't know what the best way to go about this is, but my Company
> is willing to invest resources into merging the braches of vTiger into one
> branch that works on postGres, MSSQL, and MySQL.

Is your company willing to hire some of us? ;-O

> how would I submit my work?

Post an patch to the list ;-P

> told me I should create a new branch, as I browsed the code, I could not
> find the seperate postgres branch he spoke of.  Is it not clearly labeled?

It's in the jens_5_1 branch. But last time I checked, it wasn't
the whole of Jens's work, and he sent me his personal copy.
Mine has also several changes, some maybe already committed,
some maybe not.

BTW: we already have dozens of branches, we really should get
them together. Why not forking from the latest stable, and
intensively try to get in all the changes laying around into it ?
An clean DB abstraction seems to be an key point for me.

cu

 cellphone: +49 174 7066481   email: info at metux.de   skype: nekrad666