[Vtigercrm-developers] Next Release of vTiger

Sreenivas Kanumuru svk at vtiger.com
Thu Sep 20 11:03:00 PDT 2007

Hi Joey,

Today, we have separate distributions for MySQL, and Postgres. It will be nice not having to maintain these different code bases. We are considering adding multi-database support soon. If your changes help us in this process we will certainly look into it.

For now, the best way to proceed is to create a new branch (5.0.3 for MSSQL) and contribute your changes to it. Then you can request help from the community in testing it with MySQL and other databases.

Regards,

Sreenivas
vtiger Team.

----On Thu, 20 Sep 2007  Joey Novak <joey.novak at gmail.com> wrote ----

                                                                                    Hey Guys,

  I am still working hard on modifying the parts of vTiger that don't work well with MSSQL to work well with MSSQL, and MySQL.  What do I need to do to get my changes considered for the next release of vTiger?  It is easy for me to test them on MySQL, but I don't know about postgres.  I have never worked on a big OpenSource project, so I am not framiliar with the proper etiquete for contributing changes, but I think these changes would be valuable to the project.

  Joey

    http://www.joeynovak.com

    C) 803-409-9969 (Work Cell)
    W) 757-233-0834
    H) 757-383-8523 (SkypeIn)
"Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."

Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.
    --Bill Gates

Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.
    --Bill Gates

Cope with Life, go buy a slurpee!
Reach hundreds of potential candidates - http://jobs.vtiger.com