[Vtigercrm-developers] Reformatting vtiger source?

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at mikefedyk.com
Mon Mar 13 13:57:36 PST 2006

Allan Bush wrote:

>I'd love to see the code reformatted.  I agree with phpCB though it should be:
>
>if ( blah, blah ) {
>    ////
>}
>

>;p

I like that formatting also, as long as it is with *tabs not spaces*.

>Anything that's consistent would be great though.  The problem of
>course is you kind of mess up the repository checking in a bunch of
>changes like that.  If it was done first thing after the 4.2.4 release
>it shouldn't effect anyone working off of SVN too badly but it would
>make patches created by users using the release more difficult to
>integrate.

I'd be willing to take formatting fixes on a per-file basis as long as
the actual patch that does the reformatting doesn't included any
non-formatting changes.

I think reformatting the entire source tree would be a bad step at this
point.  But if you are making changes in a certain area, submit a
formatting fix patch for that area and I'll take it.

Mike