[Vtigercrm-developers] Very important question about JpGraph

Fathi BOUDRA fboudra at free.fr
Sat Mar 4 12:07:27 PST 2006

> Vtiger code is VPL (modified MPL) and forked SPL (borked MPL) code.
> There are several modules that are other licenses.
>
> Nowhere is the vtiger core GPL AFAIK.  I'm pushing to find ways to make
> added files licensed under the LGPL, but haven't gotten very far on that
> so far...
>
> Vtiger team, please stop using the VPL and relicense vtiger code under
> LGPL *only*.

seconded on this way.

MPL is considered by some people a "not so free license".
from my point of view, SPL/VPL must be avoided.

At the begining, i searched for a crm software and found sugar.
Drop it in favor of vtigercrm, because of licensing issues.
some people tells me: v5.x will be LGPL.

I already asked about clarification :
http://lists.vtigercrm.com/pipermail/vtigercrm-developers/2006-February/000102.html

no reply ...

cheers,