[Vtigercrm-developers] Very important question about JpGraph

Fathi BOUDRA fboudra at free.fr
Sat Mar 4 12:22:09 PST 2006

Le Samedi 4 Mars 2006 20:41, Mike Fedyk a écrit :
> >I'm on record as favoring external dependency (with version checking, of
> >course) for everything vtigercrm currently keeps private snapshots/forks
> >of. My reasons were primarily for distro-provided security upgrades, but
> >now licensing issues seem like they would be made easier if we didn't
> >distribute third-party software and keep it in our repository.
> >

> This only offloads the licensing issue to the distributor, like the
> vtiger windows exe and Linux bin distro so we don't gain anything
> there.  Also it leaves the vtiger users in hot water.  I don't think
> this is a good way at all to avoid licensing issues.

from the beginning, there's architectural problem to keep our own copies of
softwares inside vtigercrm. We must deal with all licenses problem.

We must focus on vigercrm code only and integration with external
dependencies. Yes, it's only dependencies and not vtigercrm core code.
These 3rd party software must be packaged correctly by packagers, it's their
job.

vtigercrm really need code cleanup, and a modular view of vtigercrm
"distribution".