[Vtigercrm-developers] Installation problem in step 3 of 5. Need help

Jorge Garifuna jg at garidigital.com
Thu Apr 27 09:23:45 PDT 2006

Hello everyone,

I have installed vTiger several times before on my linux hosting servers,
but now for the first time I'm trying to install it on a windows server and
there is problem on step 3 of 5.

Here is the error I'm getting:

   Step 3 of 5

       Invalid Mysql Connection Parameters specified

  *Error Message: Unable to connect to database Sever with the specified
connection parameters. This may be due to the following reasons: *

*- specified database user, password , hostname or port is invalid.
- specified database user does not have access to connect to the database
server from the host*

*Kindly check the specified database connection parameters... *

Here is what I have:
-- vTiger 4.2.3

-- MySQL Server version: 4.0.24
-- PHP Version: 4.3.2

I know the database connection works well because I wrote a separate test
script with the same host name, user name and db name.

The following threads report the same problem but I found no solution so I
was wondering if anyone on this list can help me out

http://forums.vtiger.com/viewtopic.php?t=5104

http://forums.vtiger.com/viewtopic.php?t=5943

Thanks in advanced for your help.

--