[Vtigercrm-developers] Possible to limit the access to a record based on the record settings? 😅

socialboostdk socialboostdk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 13:22:37 GMT 2023

Hi there,

I have found something that I thought was relatively easy, but perhaps is
not 😨

Is there any way to limit the access to a record based on the record
settings?

The customer use case is this:

   - They have colleagues working in different departments of their
   business. Lets call them Nike, Adidas, and Converse.
   - A user working in Nike is allowed to see all "Nike"-related Contacts,
   and a user working in Adidas is allowed to see all "Adidas"-related
   contacts, etc.
   - There are also users allowed to se a combination, ie Adidas + Nike or
   Converse + Nike, etc.
   - The contacts would perhaps have a multi-select with "Nike, Converse"
   etc in them. This could also be another field/solution.

How would you configure this? Is it even possible?

I know sharing-rules, but those (as I see it) only allows me to use
assigned-to field as the parameter, nothing else. So how would I make a
Contact that can be accessed by users using either Nike or Converse?

And/or Are there alternative solutions for this use-case?

Thank you for any input 😅

Cheers,
Chris