[Vtigercrm-developers] no answer and no commits on code.vtiger.com since weeks?!

Martin Allen martin.allen at exe-squared.co.uk
Mon Jul 18 13:43:42 GMT 2022

This is what is needed – however I am realistic in that either the whole (or majority of) vTiger open-source community needs to migrate to a Community version OR it just becomes another fork.
Like I said previously without the functionality of some key plugins, we wouldn’t migrate (unless we found a client willing to pay for us to develop our own version of it in a new CRM!)

vTiger themselves clearly don’t’ want to implement the functionality that we’re all asking for, as they have no business need to – ultimately they are selling their own vTiger version that doesn’t have/need to e.g. use Composer unless they want it to.

So where does that leave us? Stuck between a rock and a hard place – no-one will migrate unless everyone else migrates…so who goes first?
And then whose in charge of the new community version? Whoever setups a repo in GitHub first?
The ideal solution in my eyes would be to have a body of people responsible for driving the direction of the project, who represent the community, and are responsible for managing the pull-requests etc. But that roles currently being done (when they are allowed to!) by paid employees of vTiger…