[Vtigercrm-developers] Any issues with migrating vTiger 6.5 to vTiger 7.3? (customer portal)

Rubén A. Estrada Orozco rulotec1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 00:01:28 GMT 2022

Oh yes, vt6 uses the file vtigercrm/soap/customerportal.php to implement a
SAOP webservice. Vt7 uses the files in
vtigercrm/modules/CstomerPortal/apis/ to implement the "REST" API (which is
not really REST, but that is a different discussion).
I guess it could be possible to make the soap api work in vtiger 7, but
with some tweaks.

And yes, the code of both portals is totally different. The portal for
vtiger 7 was rewritten from scratch using a (now very old) version of
Angular JS. So, IMHO porting modifications from one portal to the other
won't be an essay thing.

Saludos

Rubén