[Vtigercrm-developers] Anyone found issues with vtlib Vtiger_Module::fireEvent()

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 14:41:36 GMT 2022

This is a bit odd.

When I enable/disable a module in the Module Manager, ultimately the
above static method is called:

> 	static function fireEvent($modulename, $event_type) {
> 		$instance = self::getClassInstance((string)$modulename);
> 		if($instance) {
> 			if(method_exists($instance, 'vtlib_handler')) {
> 				self::log("Invoking vtlib_handler for $event_type ...START");
> 				$instance->vtlib_handler((string)$modulename, (string)$event_type);
> 				self::log("Invoking vtlib_handler for $event_type ...DONE");
> 			}
> 		}
> 	}

I noticed that the module enable and disable events in my module's class
file were not being triggered when I clicked on the checkbox.

Adding some debugging statements the code gets as far as the
method_exists() test but the next log statement never gets written and
the vtlib_handler isn't called.

The $instance is an Instance of the correct module. And the class file
is fine in the sense that it loads with no errors etc. And I can view
records in the crm...

Anyone come across this before?

Cheers