[Vtigercrm-developers] "Failed - Network error" when downloading report in CSV format

nilay khatri nilay.spartan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 06:13:54 GMT 2021

Uma, for this you really need to test Vtiger with a large data set where
scalability becomes an issue. There are many issues similar to this, which
can not be addressed with the current architecture of Vtiger. I am eager to
hear that I am wrong.

- Mass edits
- Report export
- Export from List
- Imports

When you work with a large data set, there is no foolproof/predictable way
to scale.

For example, this given case of report export. Suppose we had put
conditions which involve full scan and is a non-admin with sharing rules
etc, the query becomes really complex and can easily go for more than 5-10
minutes (even for small data sets, let us say 30-40K records as well).

Generally php time limits are set to less than 1 min. But anyways you can
predefine what could be the time required to execute the various queries.
So you might have to leave the configuration on the higher side, which
would be a workaround but would again fail if something needs even more
resources/time. And it is not good to leave 1 GB memory and 30 min of
execution time limit :)

Another challenge is that if you put your CRM behind a OSI layer 3
firewall / filtering, these normally have very short TTFB limits, usually <
100 sec. Which again terminates the request and can lead to the above
situation.

That's the same case where there are no event triggers for mass edits. As a
workaround Vtiger decided to introduce bulk mode to simply skip events and
limit the record selection to 500! Though there is a concept of batch
event, but never implemented.