[Vtigercrm-developers] email access count

Uma S uma.s at vtiger.com
Wed Sep 9 14:23:33 GMT 2020

Hi Ruben,

Sure! we will add this variable email_tracking to config.inc.php. - Ref
<https://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/1481>

email_tracking works for tracking two different actions. One is access
count and the other is click count.

*Access count:* Tracks the number of times email got opened.
*Click count:*  Tracks the number of times the links in the email got
clicked.

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 7:33 AM Rubén A. Estrada Orozco <rulotec1 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Uma,
>
> After adding the config variable, it started working. I think we should
> add that variable to config.inc.php like so:
>
> $email_tracking = 'No';
>

> Otherwise, no one is going to guess how to activate the feature.
>
> What about the click count? how does that one work?
>
> Saludos
>
> Rubén
>

> On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 12:16 AM Uma S <uma.s at vtiger.com> wrote:
>
>> We will also make a note on documenting this configuration.
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 10:44 AM Uma S <uma.s at vtiger.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Ruben,
>>>
>>> Yes! Email access count tracking has been addressed. For this to work
>>> you have to enable the configuration in config.inc.php file.
>>>
>>> Please do add this line (See
>>> <https://sc.vtiger.in/screenshots/uma-sc-at-11-06-2020-19-11-42.png>)
>>> in your config.inc.php and then try.

>>> --