[Vtigercrm-developers] Run workflow after revise

omri yona omri.yona at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 10:47:51 GMT 2020

Hello all,
I found a wired case that I try to understand if its a Bug or i did
something Wrong. Sorry that Its long but I will try to explain my case.

I have two workflows is my custom module

1. If I don't have organization to my custom module - To run a invoke
function to find my Organization and revise the record (vtws_revise) with
new Organization  (and clear X field as will explain below)
The workflow set to run if organization is empty

2. If i have an Organization or its replace I need  to update X field data
this workflow set to run if:
      organization if not empty and
      X field is empty Or organization is change

So in my case the second workflow needs to run after the first one
(organization is changed).

When I Update/Clear Organization in The record in GUI everything run as I
expect But...

If I have a record with no Organization the first workflow trigger and if
its found an organization its revise the record and then the workflow run
again and entering to Loop (like i don't have Organization even that I
revise the organization).
try to change $VTIGER_BULK_SAVE_MODE = true but than second workflow didn't
run.
I had a workaround code in my first workflow to check if I have
Organization in DB and stop the run if Yes (I found that in DB i get value
to organization but not in entityData)
But then the agin second workflow didn't run - even that my Organization is
full and X field is Empty (done it in my revise record) - If i will had any
update in gui to the record its will run OK.

So I understand that after revise record the wotkflow trigger with the Old
entityData and not the new one.

  I had in my first workflow call the second workflow after add set to the
entityData and its work But i don't think it Ok that revise  record don't
trigger the workflow with the new data

Thank you for all you support,
Omri