[Vtigercrm-developers] Assign record to a User and a Group simultaneously

Martin Allen martin.allen at clystnet.com
Fri Dec 11 08:42:51 GMT 2020

I think it is possible to achieve what you want using the existing
functionality - but it would require lots of branch specific users / roles
etc to do so. (and some good Administrators to maintain it!)

I would create branch specific Roles, for each of the branch Users. Each
head office User, also has a branch specific User (one for each branch, as
well as their main User). Each Head Office User also has a group
(containing their main User and all their branch specific Users) and then
sharing access custom privileges that gives access to records assigned to
any member of that group to all the other members of that same group.
Then for each branch specific head office User, a customer privilege
sharing access rule that gives permission to access for all other roles of
that same branch.

As the number of Roles / Users / Branches increases it exponentially gets
worse to administer, but it's certainly possible

;)

Martin Allen

*01392 248692 - Main Office01392 690659 - Direct Line*

*[image: signature2]*

Have you visited our website recently? https://www.clystnet.com
<http://www.clystnet.com/>

The information in this email is confidential If you are not the intended
recipient, you must not read or use that information. This email and any
attachments are believed to be virus free however no responsibility is
accepted by Clystnet for any loss or damage arising in any way from receipt
or use thereof. Clystnet Ltd (company reg number 7164503) is based at
Silverdown Park, Fair Oak Close, Clyst Honiton, EX5 2UX