[Vtigercrm-developers] Interested? Multiple Portals with different permissions

nilay khatri nilay.spartan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 08:26:11 GMT 2019

Hi All,

there is a thread with some discussion on Open Source solution for multiple
portals.

We have been thinking about this and have come up with following approach
to start with:

1. A setting page where admin user can define various types of portals.
This would be an enhancement to the existing Portal configuration module.
With a change that user can now define multiple portal configurations and
define a Unique Name for each of them.
2. Separate the Portal fields from Contacts module into a Separate module
(Entity type). Which would act as a Junction between Contacts and Various
Portals.
So basically 1 record per contact per portal.

The advantage here is:
- we can have a field in contacts module such as Type/Category. based on
the type a Contact could be automatically assigned access to portal via
workflows.
- we can create multiple portals with a different set of access such as for
Project, Referrals, Support etc.
- requires minimal code changes
- gives more control on which user can give access to portals, as the
Junction module would be an entity module

Feedback, Opinion?

Are you interested to contribute?