[Vtigercrm-developers] Request for Comment on potential calendar enhancements

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 08:55:25 GMT 2018

We have a client has a VERY busy vtiger system. The calendar as supplied
in the default vtiger system is not very easy to use when there are lots
of Calendar entries.

I started this issue yesterday and it seems as though vtiger think it
might be a worthwhile improvement. But as I am making this change this
for just ONE customer right now I thought it might be helpful to get a
bit more input before I design a more generic solution.

I am interested in two aspects to this and if/how you think it would be
most helpful to implement in terms of configuration.

1. The various layouts that are provided by the Full Calendar library
but not immediately available to vtiger users without changing core files

2. Adding of a second colour to the calendar views based on the values
of a selected picklist colour.

Is the main issue a problem for anyone else?
Do the other layouts look useful to you?
Should these options be per-user or admin/globally controlled (I can see
advantages and disadvantages to either approach)?

Please read the issue on code.vtiger.com and add any comments to that.

TIA

Al

code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/936