[Vtigercrm-developers] Updating VTiger without losing customizations?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Thu Mar 22 11:55:09 GMT 2018

Thanks for the thoughts, everyone. I've never dealt with version control
before, at least not for merging projects, but it sounds like a good way to
partly automate the process. It's also good to know I'm not missing some
better way of managing this kind of thing.Class extending may be a good way
to go, too.

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 4:21 AM, Alan Lord <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 21/03/18 19:52, Alex Hall wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>> Is there a safe way to update VTiger? We added our API key to
>> layouts/modules/google/resources/map.js, for instance, but the recent
>> update overwrote that file, thus losing our key. What's the best way to
>> handle source changes like this?
>>
> Stick all your modified files in a version control repo i.e git, and use a
> tool like Meld to view the differences when migrating to help you merge.
>
> Al

Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department
ahall at autodist.com