[Vtigercrm-developers] V7.1 source missing several modules compared to 7.0?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Thu Mar 22 12:29:03 GMT 2018

Hello all,
I just downloaded a copy of v7.1, because I was looking for the original of
some files. We started on 7.0 and migrated to 7.1 when it came out. The 7.1
full source appears to be missing a lot of items, and I'm not sure why.

Our Modules folder from 7.0, for instance, includes around 20 more folders
than the one in 7.1. Among the missing from 7.1 are Google, MailManager,
Mobile, CustomerPortal, WebForms, SMSNotifier, and others. Is there
something wrong with the current 7.1 source, or is it meant to be a
stripped-down version over 7.0? I know the functionality from the missing
modules wasn't simply incorporated, because our 7.1 still picks up scripts
from the Google module which a fresh install of 7.1 wouldn't have at all. I
also considered that the team simply removed a lot of extensions that were
in 7.0, but the only extension listed on the Downloads page is the Customer
Portal. None of the other missing ones seem to be available. I used this
link to obtain the archive I'm looking at:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/vtigercrm/files/vtiger%20CRM%207.1.0/Core%20Product/vtigercrm7.1.0.tar.gz/
and this link to look at all the downloads:
https://www.vtiger.com/open-source-crm/download-open-source/

Thanks for any explanation on this. I'll feel pretty stupid if the reason
turns out be be I added all these extensions during installation and simply
forgot about it. I know I didn't manually install all of them, but maybe
there's a setup page that can handle the installs automatically which I'm
not recalling?

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department