[Vtigercrm-developers] Automatically assigning emails to contacts?

Simone Travaglini simonetravaglini at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 07:09:43 GMT 2018

Hi alex,
there is not a way to do that in Vtiger.
To manage this task we use workflow designer from stefan warnat with his
mailscanner.
In this case you have 2 possibilities:
1 - create one mailscanner for every email
2 - set a rules to redirect every email to a common email that is worked
with mailscanner (to do that all email sholud be under same provider)

> Hello list,
> The last sticking point with Vtiger for my boss is emails. Vtiger can find
> a contact matching the current email, and let the user attach the email to
> that contact. What it doesn't do is handle this automatically, so any
> message to or from a contact (if that message is synced via IMAP and not
> written in Vtiger) would attach itself. Basically, he wants me to automate
> what Vtiger already has so that all emails with contacts are attached,
> regardless of whether the email was created in Mail Manager or not.
>
> Is this possible? I've found an extension that can do it, but it says it's
> only for Vtiger 6.x. It's $200, or I'd just go try it. I've found a static
> method in the mail module's code that I think can do it, but I'd have to
> loop through every single email for every user, all the time. That's an
> intense job, and would take me a while to code besides. Is there a setting
> I've missed, or a planned upgrade to Vtiger's mail manager, or some other
> way around this? Again, the key is that mail from IMAP has to be assigned
> to contacts on its own, because most of our users will use Outlook, the
> Gmail site, and so on. Thanks for any help.
>
> --
> Alex Hall
> Automatic Distributors, IT department
> ahall at autodist.com

Simone Travaglini
328 5499846
Linkedin: Simone Travaglini

Rispetta l'ambiente: non stampare questa mail se non ti è veramente
necessario!