[Vtigercrm-developers] Automatically assigning emails to contacts?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Wed Mar 14 17:36:59 GMT 2018

Hello list,
The last sticking point with Vtiger for my boss is emails. Vtiger can find
a contact matching the current email, and let the user attach the email to
that contact. What it doesn't do is handle this automatically, so any
message to or from a contact (if that message is synced via IMAP and not
written in Vtiger) would attach itself. Basically, he wants me to automate
what Vtiger already has so that all emails with contacts are attached,
regardless of whether the email was created in Mail Manager or not.

Is this possible? I've found an extension that can do it, but it says it's
only for Vtiger 6.x. It's $200, or I'd just go try it. I've found a static
method in the mail module's code that I think can do it, but I'd have to
loop through every single email for every user, all the time. That's an
intense job, and would take me a while to code besides. Is there a setting
I've missed, or a planned upgrade to Vtiger's mail manager, or some other
way around this? Again, the key is that mail from IMAP has to be assigned
to contacts on its own, because most of our users will use Outlook, the
Gmail site, and so on. Thanks for any help.

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department
ahall at autodist.com