[Vtigercrm-developers] Duplicate organization names stopping import?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Thu Apr 5 15:13:32 GMT 2018

Hello list,
I have a sync job that runs every morning. It imports--or updates, if the
organization exists--thousands of organizations. Around 50, though, fail to
import, with the error that an update would cause a duplicate. Indeed,
these organizations all have at least one other entity with the same name,
but they have different details. I should say that I'm using web services,
not a CSV or anything. The job asks our AS400 for data, then runs through
the data it gets, asking VTiger if the organization being considered
exists. If it doesn't, a new one is made and added; if it does, the AS400's
data overwrites VTiger's data for the organization. Matching is based on
customer number, a custom field in VTiger but a primary key in the AS400.

Given that I could import them initially, but can't now update them, this
seems like less a SQL restriction and more something odd in VTiger. Again,
too, the import went fine, but now that I want to update the organizations,
I get a duplication warning and that organization is skipped. Finally, a
reminder that I'm saying "import", but this is a file that relies on web
services to operate. It has no CSV at all, and doesn't use VTiger's
standard importing. It's all web services.

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department
ahall at autodist.com