[Vtigercrm-developers] vt7 Overriding Javascript Classes

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 13:48:11 GMT 2017

Further investigations mean I'm now fairly sure I only need to override
the searchModuleNames function in Vtiger.js ;-)

This function is called both in Detail and Edit Views. In Detail I can
live with it because the record has already been saved.

But in Edit View it could be a new record. I need to read the values of
a couple of fields in the DOM and pass these in the Ajax call to
BasicAjax in _my_ module's action class.

I really can't see how I can use the jQuery class features to override
Vtiger_Index_Js so I am wondering if there is something I could do based
on the "post.editView.load" client-side event handler? Could I "remove"
or "disable" the Event registered (in Vtiger_Index_Js) on the reference
field and then add my own?

Al