[Vtigercrm-developers] Encrypt portal users passwords?

Błażej Pabiszczak b.pabiszczak at yetiforce.com
Thu Feb 23 13:52:33 GMT 2017

Exactly like SuiteCRM that has 617 open issues [which is 35% of all
their issues], including 421 errors. How can somebody publish a system
as stable if it has so many errors that haven't been fixed since the
project launched [some are 3 years old already]… They'll most likely do
what Vtiger does every 3~4 years, which is changing the error reporting
system :]

---

Z poważaniem / Regards

BŁAŻEJ PABISZCZAK
_Chief Executive Officer_
M: +48.884999123
E: b.pabiszczak at yetiforce.com

W dniu 2017-02-22 23:32, Doug napisał(a):

> Because vtiger is slow and some times never applies submitted bug fixes
>
> On Feb 22, 2017 10:59 AM, "Sutharsan Jeganathan" <ajstharsan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Matus
>
> Why did you release it as an extension. Even doesn't matter whether it is free, but I think it could be a bug fix into code.vtiger.com [1]. Correct?
>
> If it is an extension and if possible to modify system tables, it could be  a security threat when admin password is compromised. But I cannot see any restrictions of installing a module in module manager, which can modify system tables. In this case you said is correct.
>
> Thanks Sutharsan Jeganathan
>
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 9:01 PM, IT-Solutions4You <info at its4you.sk> wrote:
> Reset password functionality was added to vtiger Marketplace (we was thinking about FREE extension), but was not published from this reason:
>
> This module directly manipulates system table having confidential information - not acceptable.
>
> Matus
>
> Dňa 22. 2. 2017 o 15:32 socialboostdk napísal(a):
> Excellent - thank you very much!
>
> Ok, the reset functionality i can then just fix and send as a suggestion
> for the VT-team.
>
> Do you know if its possible to pull that part isolated (the target
> implementation is vt 6.3) and implement, or does it involve a bigger
> part of the platform?
>
> Best,
> Chris
>
> On 21 February 2017 at 18:45, Alan Lord
> <alanslists at gmail.com
> <mailto:alanslists at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> On 21/02/17 17:23, socialboostdk wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> Currently contacts / portal-users password are stored as
> plain-text. I
> have a request to change those into some encrypted form.
>
> This was changed in vtiger 6.5.0.
>
> But the reset password functionality is broken.
>
> Al

http://www.vtiger.com/
http://www.vtiger.com/

Links: