[Vtigercrm-developers] SMTP not working

Holbok István holbok at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 08:28:39 GMT 2017

Iko,

You will find the answers at the link of PHP Mailer troubleshooting on
GitHub:

https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting

Even the DNS issue is listed there. Also you will find the proper port
settings examples, both of tls and ssl.
The vtiger requires SMTP host in the format: ssl://smtp.example.com:465
or tls://smt.example.com:587 and the PHP Mailer will it parse properly.

The DNS issue can be tested by the https://mxtoolbox.com/

And this is the very important part of the troubleshooting guide from
the GitHub

If you check all circumstances and it's still not working!

/If any of the above checks fail, PHPMailer will not work either, and
usually there's nothing that PHPMailer can do about it. *So go fix your
network, then try again.* If you are not in control of your own firewall
or DNS, you probably need to raise a support ticket with your ISP to fix
this (it's very common for them to block or divert port 25 outbound).
*If they won't fix it, you need to replace your ISP*. PS: BlueHost
doesn't support smtp.gmail.com, they want you to use their smtp server.
The work around would be to use email associated with BlueHost and their
host address Or send using mail() function in this case./

Note: because of these reasons I had just moved one of my clients from
GoDaddy to a virtual private server hosted at InMotion Hosting.

Kindest regards:
Istvan