[Vtigercrm-developers] different modules sharing a common table?

Prasad prasad at vtiger.com
Wed Sep 21 17:28:16 GMT 2016

Alan,

As long as the field is mapped with target-table or column through
meta-data and
follows the Entity module convention system would continue to work.

Shared table pose challenge when different module records enables edits of
fields.
It would also come in the way of performance (specifically query cache
invalidation).

If modules are from different publishers then sharing table is not a good
idea,
as the control or convention can be too tedious to maintain / manage.

Regards,
Prasad

--
FB <http://www.facebook.com/vtiger> I Twit <http://twitter.com/vtigercrm> I