[Vtigercrm-developers] different modules sharing a common table?

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 15:21:45 GMT 2016

Suppose I want to create a bunch of new modules with a set of data
fields, but each module will also need some specific fields unique to it.

I can think of two ways of doing this:

Use different basetables for each module's specific data and have a
common related table to store the common data.

or

Use a common basetable and have different related tables for the specifics.

These will all be entity records so will have unique crmids so I am
wondering if there are any pros or cons to either approach.

I am minded to go for the second approach personally...

Cheers