[Vtigercrm-developers] Licensing discussion: WAS [Re: Vtiger 7 Features (preliminary list) (B?a?ej Pabiszczak)]

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 10:09:37 GMT 2016

On 28/10/16 09:23, Błażej wrote:

> On the other hand, Vtiger keeps ignoring the license conditions. For
> example:
>
>   * Integration with Google Maps without the free license from Google
>     [which means that everyone who downloads Vtiger should purchase
>     Google license which is very expensive]

+1 for breaching Google Maps' license terms. I have raised this many
times myself.

>   * Includes files under the GPL license.

I just grepped the source and was not able to find a GPL license
header... Do you have an example? I found plenty of dual licensed code,
MIT & GPL, BSD & LGPL, which are fine and also some LGPL which should
also be fine.

>   * Doesn't require CLA for the changes uploaded by community [which is
>     dangerous, mostly for Vtiger itself].

Interesting thought.