[Vtigercrm-developers] Vtiger 7 Features (preliminary list) (B?a?ej Pabiszczak)

Błażej b.pabiszczak at yetiforce.com
Fri Oct 28 08:23:40 GMT 2016

YFPL license doesn't differ from the VPL license. You implement Vtiger so you should know the license conditions. To answer your questions:

 VLP license is not GPL license, as far as I remember VPL is based on MPL, that is based on GPL. In practice it doesn't matter what it's based on, what matters are the conditions of the final license, which is VPL.
Practically, VPL resembles MPL/GLPL that allow for adding different licenses and selling them as commercial solutions. If it weren't for that – Vtiger wouldn't be able to offer commercial modules :]
On the other hand, Vtiger keeps ignoring the license conditions. For example:

Integration with Google Maps without the free license from Google [which means that everyone who downloads Vtiger should purchase Google license which is very expensive]
Ignored SPL conditions [Sugar Public License] that requires Vtiger to include info about the license in the footer.
Includes files under the GPL license.
Doesn't require CLA for the changes uploaded by community [which is dangerous, mostly for Vtiger itself].

Wysłane z iPhone'a