[Vtigercrm-developers] Separating Creat/Edit into 2 separate Role/Profile permissions

Alan Bell alan.bell at libertus.co.uk
Fri Mar 11 14:08:24 GMT 2016

there are quite a few situations where building a module is blocked on
core things, for example the lack of an event when converting a lead is
one thing blocking a project to integrate an external search engine (we
don't know when to un-index the converted but not deleted lead) so we do
a merge request for the bit we need, looks like I have 5 merged requests
and 7 merge requests waiting review. It would be good to increase the
pace of merges on code.vtiger.com, and also reduce the delta between the
stuff on code.vtiger.com and the on-demand version. There are things I
know are features in the on-demand which I would like to implement (for
example documents have related lists back to the things they are
associated with, campaigns can load lists from reports as well as
filters etc) but there is not much point contributing them to the open
source code if they are going to eventually get merged in from the
on-demand tree. I can't see why the on-demand core and standard modules
are not the same thing as the open source trunk. It is totally fine to
say "patches welcome" on issues as long as patches are indeed welcome!

Alan.