[Vtigercrm-developers] Another migration script query...

Preexo preexo at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 11 03:51:41 GMT 2016

I don't find this as cool, I would have appreciated if the outlined issues
with the vtiger open source project were actually addressed and answered.
The strategy of pretending nothing was ever said is not cool at all.

Let me summarize:
- Why were change requests by yetiforce developers on the old trac never
taken? How should this be different now? I have the same feeling long time
already. Only small fixes or improvements here and there are allowed. Major
changes are being ignored.
- Why are there so little changes being made by the vtiger core developers
themselves? Blazej is right, the amount of changes is ridiculously low
compared to other projects. Most changes actually come from the open source
community members now.
- fig php standards... vtigers code is so little standardized... I even
stopped caring if I do tabs or spaces, no one else seems to care about this
either... and up to date PHP compatibility and even PHP7 compatibility, ever
thought about it?

I am getting sick of the vtiger ignoring strategy. Either not answering
complaints at all or pretending things are going to happen and then nothing
happens... Contribution has never been as painful as in this project.

Come on guys... make vtiger great again!

Garry Brighton wrote
> Prasad, you seems to have a diplomatic background... quite cool I must say
> :-)
>
> Garry
>
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 9:49 PM, Prasad <

> prasad@

> > wrote:
>
>> Błażej,
>>
>> Thanks for your time on the reply. Pulling changes from other sources is
>> easy if core changes is minimal and aligns with latest working branch.
>>
>> We will do our best to swim through changes made.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Prasad
>>
>> --
>> FB <http://www.facebook.com/vtiger> I Twit
>> <http://twitter.com/vtigercrm>
>>  I LIn <https://www.linkedin.com/company/1270573?trk=tyah> I Blog
>> <https://blogs.vtiger.com> I Website
>> <https://www.vtiger.com/>
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 7:04 PM, Błażej Pabiszczak <
>>

> b.pabiszczak@

>> wrote:
>>

>>> Prasad,
>>>
>>> I don't understand what we are supposed to submit to code.vtiger.com. At
>>> the time when we used Vtiger, we submitted fixes, comments, and
>>> suggestions
>>> for changes. Nobody ever replied to the suggestions, for example what