[Vtigercrm-developers] 6.5.0 Release Update

Prasad prasad at vtiger.com
Tue Jun 28 14:45:52 GMT 2016

> If there was a really convincing number of unloved merge requests, then I
> might be tempted to do something but there really isn't. If I was to
> suggest a change, I really want the on-demand stuff to be resynced with the
> open source project, the open source code should lead the on-demand
> platform because I don't want to waste my time doing stuff that has already
> been done, perhaps in an incompatible way.

You are right... our goal is make the Opensource a product that drives
Ondemand platform.
But certainly gap on features would exists due to pace of release that
happens on the cloud platform
and control it provides on each migration.

Down-porting features of Ondemand to Opensource is certainly preferred way
to us as well.
Some of the changes like... Edition support that drives the Ondemand adds
to complexity in this process.
This deserves a release on its own, we plan to this takes up in 7.0.0
release.

Regards,
Prasad

--