[Vtigercrm-developers] Auto Fill Custom Field on Related List Selection

Cardscale alan at cardscale.co.uk
Mon Jun 27 08:32:48 GMT 2016

Hi, I have a custom module that has a number of fields in the module some of
which are related lists i.e. Organisation and Contacts.

What I want to do is when the user selects the organisation can I filter the
Contacts related list to those Contacts that are linked with the
Organisation the user has selected in the previous list?

Then when the user selects the contact from the Contacts related list I want
to populate a text field called "Site" with the data in the Contacts table
from the field "Site" that is a custom field we have in the Contacts table.

If the first part of this question cannot be done, i.e. filtering a related
list by a previous selection then I would be happy with just being able to
populate a custom text field called "Site" on selection of the contact
record that has the site field associated with it.

I have attached a screenshot (some sensitive data has been blurred) of the
Contacts related list that pops up when the user clicks on the Contacts
Related list in the module.
<http://vtiger-crm.2324883.n4.nabble.com/file/n19300/VtigerExample.jpg>

For example when the user select the top row which is (Customer) Kim Proctor
(Organisation Name) Village Hotels I want the information in the Site Cell,
in this case Village Hotel Hull to be written to a custom field called
"Site" in the module calling this related list.

I hope this makes sense and look forward to replies that will resolve my
issue.