[Vtigercrm-developers] after-sell extensions service

cryptic mark at markcox.co.uk
Fri Jun 17 13:19:20 GMT 2016

As a purchaser of several vTiger extensions from 5 different developers I've
found the after service to be a mixed bag.

Of those six developers, *two provide a good service . They are responsive
to my queries and any bugs raised are resolved.

One developer, whilst responsive, seem to have issues with testing their
extensions. I purchased one of their extensions just over 1 year ago and it
was full of bugs. I'm still communicating with their support team now, as
every time they release an update with fixes other bugs are introduced.

*Another developer has a habit of ignoring your emails if you raise an issue
which they have not come across before. Their support staff make the
assumption that if no one has reported it before then it must be an issue
with your setup. The bug prevented users from being automatically logged out
after x minutes of inactivity. Despite replicating the bug on their demo
they continued to deny it was an issue with their extension! Only after
becoming vocal in the vTiger user forum did they take action and release an
update that resolved the issue. This was 5 months after first reporting the
issue.

*One company who I'm tempted to mention are an absolute disgrace. Pre-sales
they are responsive, but as soon as you purchase an app they will
effectively ignore you. If you manage to contact them via live chat they
will make excuses and will advise that they will contact you back within 24
hours. Of course they never get back to you.

By the way the * denotes that the developer actively posts on this mailing
list.