[Vtigercrm-developers] after-sell extensions service

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 07:06:49 GMT 2016

Hi Somsak,

what a good question :-D

As a publisher, we get almost zero information from the Marketplace. We
do not when an extension is sold (not automatic notifications) nor do we
do know who bought it (no email or other contact details - we only see a
name - and that could be a company name or a persons name or anything else).

The only way, I know of, to find out if one of our extensions has been
purchased recently is to login to our Marketplace account, click on each
extension in turn, then see if the number of subscribers has gone up
since the last time I looked.

If a customer does have an issue or question they generally email us or
give us a call. We do our best to respond as quickly as possible and to
help the customer obtain a satisfactory response.

Our feedback, especially for GeoTools, should support our process.
Although, again, we have no notification when a feedback is left on the
Marketplace. For example, in GeoTools the final comment is from someone
called "Stephen Westbury". I know nothing else about this person and
would love to contact him and see if we can help but I can't.

So, in short the Marketplace itself leaves quite a lot to be desired
frankly. It is a worthwhile platform however and we generate a
reasonable revenue from it, but I would love to have more information
and automated notifications so we can support our customers in a more
appropriate manner.

1. Our response time depends if we are awake or not. If we are then
usually it will be virtually instant. If not then it will be the next
morning ;-)

2. Internally we use Redmine for ticket tracking, mostly because it is
integrated with our Git version control repositories and we have been
using it for a few years.

3. We do use vtiger as our internal CRM yes.

Hope that helps.

Al