[Vtigercrm-developers] Lost issue on vTiger Gitlab ?

Preexo preexo at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 13 08:10:34 GMT 2016

Preexo wrote

> Prasad-14 wrote
>> It is in queue - not lost. we are reviewing other tickets.
> @Prasad - can you please share which tickets you are currently reviewing?
> I would also be interested in when tickets can expect a reply or feedback.
> Are Uma and Manu still part of your team? I am asking vtiger to share with
> us how much manpower exactly they are putting into the open source project
> and how much they are planning to invest in the future. Currently I can
> see around 2 man hours a week from vtigers side which are solely done by
> Prasad. You are saying that vtiger 6.5 will be coming soon, but what
> changes can we actually expect in there? Any other than just Alans
> contribution via code.vtiger.com? Why don't you start pulling changes from
> on demand, will you actually pull any?
>
> I just had the experience that I came back to code.vtiger.com a week after
> my last visit and noticing that pretty much nothing has been commented
> from vtiger, zero feedback given on open issues, zero feedback on open
> merge requests, no tickets were worked on... It's quite depressive.
>
> I have no idea how I am supposed to recommend towards my company to keep
> using vtiger open source with a clear conscience - knowing that the vtiger
> open source is not being supported by it's maintainers anymore. Without
> leadership and guidance, without feedback tutoring the contributors,
> without a tiny minimum of code contribution from the maintainers side,
> there is no project anymore...
>
> P.S. @Prasad - I thank you for all your contribution and work you have
> invested. Don't get me wrong, I am writing all this because I like vtiger
> with all my heart, but it's been dragging me down for a while and now I am
> about to lose it (also losing the support from my employer), I feel like
> wasting my time... Over and over again.

@vtiger - Almost a whole week has passed by and I had really hoped to get
some sort of reply on my message. The situation seems super stuck at the
moment and I am crying for help and some guidance. None received. As I see
it, I am just one of the loudest ones to cry but there are others who have
gotten frustrated with the way that the open source project has been led or
better not been led.

I take it as an answer that I didn't receive an answer: I (and possibly the
open source project as well) am just not worth it for you to answer. But I
don't think vtiger will be worth it for me to stick around forever if you
don't change your way of directing the open source project very quickly.
Good luck.