[Vtigercrm-developers] Lost issue on vTiger Gitlab ?

Alan Bell alan.bell at libertus.co.uk
Wed Jun 1 09:30:46 GMT 2016

On 31/05/16 20:15, Doug wrote:
> And this is why....  The straw that broke the camels back so to speak.
> We have decided to abandon Vtiger and start migrating our clients to
> Suite crm.
>
> There is no reason what so ever that a simple problem
it wasn't simple as it turned out, and didn't have much of an impact.
> like this shouldn't have been patched 2 months ago.  And over at
> Suite, which is a true open source project, it would have received
> immediate response, not a "we haven't gotten to it" 3 months later.
> There are plenty of big problem with Vtiger, but it's the little
> simple things like this that push it over the edge.
well it is now working more like an open source project, not a full
serviced proprietary producer/consumer project. You had a problem, I
spent some hours fixing it (TBH I probably wouldn't have bothered if I
had realised how hard it was going to be to trace where the problem came
from, it *looked* like a simple problem when I started) in a true open
source project the bugs don't all get fixed by the people leading the
project.