[Vtigercrm-developers] Email marketing scenario

Tim Mohrbach preexo at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 11 09:33:18 GMT 2016

> @Preexo
> It doesn't really matter what a particular tool can do, the key question is whether or not we have all the essential analytical data for reporting and analyzing data. What if you launch mailing from an external app, but you need all the mailing data in the crm itself; and when you convert from lead to an opportunity, then all the data gathered from mailing have to be in this opportunity, so that the sales person had all the data about the potential buyer.

I don’t get your difficulties.
You could run a mailtrain server for example and talk from vtiger to the API of it to push contacts data in, even trigger the sending from within vtiger through API and then afterwards pull all the results of the campaign through the API into vtiger again. It would require the development of an extension which becomes the adapter to talk to the API, but you wouldn’t need to build a full blown mailing system and reinvent the wheel of something that other people have thought about for years already! Trust me, you are not gonna do it better then them, so why not use theirs?
You want to do it all within vtiger - no problem, that’s what APIs are there for…

I would prefer if we focus on the missing features that can not be replaced by an external program...