[Vtigercrm-developers] User Configurable Calendar View

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 08:51:17 GMT 2016

We have been asked on many occasions to change the default Calendar View
that a user is presented - from the normal "Calendar" to either "List"
or "SharedCalendar".

I have a fork on gitlab which contains the necessary code to introduce
this into the next version of vtiger (6.5.0):

http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/86#note_581

This commit adds a new Picklist to the Calendar Settings block that
allows the user to determine the Calendar View they want to see and it
adds a small function to the User Record Model to retrieve this information.

I still have two open questions:

1. There is already a field in the User Preferences called "Default
Calendar View" which enables the user to decide between Day, Week, Month
and Year. So I need a different name for my field, or we need to ask
vtiger to change the name of the current field?

2. How should we handle multiple language translations?

Suggestions, comments?

Cheers